Saturday, May 29, 2010

Summer Sexy - MAC To The Beach



I'm in love with summer makeup. The colors, textures, that sexy bronzing look - I love it all! I also like the fact that "less is more" in the summertime - I completely ditch my foundation and opt for a tinted moisturizer instead. MAC's new collection "To The Beach" hits summer sexy right on the head. I purchased 3 items from this launch - Lipglass in Easy Lounger, Small Eye Shadow in Sweet & Punchy and Eye Liner in Float on By.


Lipglass in Easy Lounger


I'm usually not a huge fan of Lipglass (I know, GASP, right?) The texture is a little too tacky & sticky for me. However, I couldn't resist this gorgeous pink-brown shade. And, as shown in the first photo, it has special sea-horse deco packaging (I have a weird obsession with sea-horses, not really sure why). Therefore, I had to get it! And i'm glad I did. I actually did go "to the beach" today and tested out all my new makeup. This shade looks really beautiful with a tan, and has just the right amount of sparkle and glitter. The sun catches it and it looks really youthful and pretty. Although, I do hate when my hair gets stuck to the lipglass, it's the worst! But I guess that's the price you have to pay for looking your best on the beach =)


Small Eye Shadow in Sweet & Punchy

I love green shadows. I have hazel eyes, so green shadows really bring out the green flecks in my eyes. Sweet & Punchy is a yellowy-green with veluxe pearl. Therefore, it seriously reflecks light and shimmer off your eyes and gives you that hologram-type effect. I love this shade worn by itself with a little mascara (it brightens up the face) or with the Float on By eye liner below. The contrast of the yellow-green and the teal-blue is really funky and fun for summer!

Eye Liner in Float on By

This eye liner is a teal-blue shade. I usually opt for a colored shadow and black liner, but how boringggg can that get? So, I decided to be adventurous and go out of my comfort zone with this liner. And I have to say, it's very cool! I don't think i'll be wearing it every single day, but it's fun to wear once in a while when you want to get creative with your eyes. The pencil itself is soft in texture and really glides well along the top of your lid. The MAC artist in the store told me it lasts a really long time - i've only been wearing it for a few hours so we will see how it wears throughout the day. The packaging is cute too with the coral deco!


Just the Sweet & Punchy eye shadow and some mascara (MAC Opulash)






Sweet & Punchy eye shadow with Float on By eye liner





Easy Lounger Lipglass



Hope everyone is having an amazing Memorial Day Weekend!
xoxo, Makeup Majesty

No comments:

Post a Comment