Saturday, May 1, 2010

Permanent Makeup - Would You Ever?

This topic has always fascinated me. Permanent makeup. You will always look fabulous? Is it too good to be true?

I know a few people who have gotten their eyebrows "tattooed," and it looks great. At first it looks a bit harsh, but after it heals it looks like you were blessed with perfectly arched brows. So I wonder - does it work the same for the rest of the face?

Today, there are so many options - permanent eyebrows, lip color, eye liner, lash enhancements, etc. I've done a bit of research, and discovered the following:

-Permanent makeup is more commonly referred to as "cosmetic tattooing"

-Depending on your skin (and the type of procedure and your skin type) you may require a touch-up every one to seven years

-According to the artist, this process causes little to no pain during or after the procedure

-The average price for each tattooing is around $500, not including touch-ups

-Each procedure take about one hour

-Recovery is little to no time - some people can go right back to work afterward

It almost seems to good to be true! Although, the first thing I thought of was - do I want to look the same every day? I enjoy applying my makeup as an art - choosing the colors, textures each day to create a new look. Would I want to have makeup tattooed on my face? Then again, people get regular tattoos as a form of self-expression - so I guess it all depends on the person. Here are some before and after shots:







What do you guys think, would you ever?

No comments:

Post a Comment