Friday, March 19, 2010

Liquid Liner Love

Let's face it, most of us can't LIVE without eye liner. For those of us who use eye liner in our every day makeup routine, it is insanely important to find just the right eye liner. You want it to stay intact throughout the day, without smearing or smudging or creasing. This, as we know, is not such an easy task since most of us are running around like crazy people with work, school, social lives and so on.

I've tried four different liquid liners from four different brands. I wore each one all day, and kept track of how it looked throughout the day.

MAC Cosmetics - Penultimate Eyeliner


I am a huge MAC fan. I bought the Penultimate liner and wore it all day. The tip of the liner is very long and flexible, which made it a little difficult for me to apply. I used a primer and nude eyeshadow, and applied the Penultimate to my lash line. It looked nice at first, but by the 3rd hour of working it kind of wore off and got smeared a bit. I'm a believer in long-lasting makeup and hate reapplying eye makeup during the day, so unfortunately this liner did not pass the longevity test!

Sephora Brand - Doe-Eyed Liner Pen

This is the first Sephora Brand product i've ever purchased, so I wasn't sure what to expect from this liner. Same as above, I used a primer and nude eyeshadow, and applied the Doe-Eyed liner to my lash line. The application was fairly easy and I liked the formula. I checked my makeup throughout the day and it seemed like this liner was staying put. The only trouble began when I went to remove the liner with my makeup remover and it BURNED! My eyes felt like they were on fire. Therefore, it was long lasting but I don't think I would wear it again since the removal was painful!

Smashbox - Heartbreaker Liquid Liner Pen

Simply put, I am IN LOVE with this product. It has kicked out any other liner i've used, and has become part of my daily makeup routine. While browsing Ulta Beauty, the girly Heartbreaker packaging caught my attention and I started playing with the products. Always on the lookout for the next best product, I purchased the Liquid Liner Pen to see if it passed my test. The application was flawless, the black color was extremely BLACK, and the line looked sharp and crisp. It stayed on all day, from 7am until 6pm when I returned home from work. It allows you to achieve that perfect winged-tip eye that every woman is after. This liner is truly great, well done Smashbox!

Urbay Decay - Ink For Eyes

I love Urban Decay's products. However for my "test," this eye liner did not make the cut. Ink for Eyes comes with a dual-sided brush applicator, which is a useful brush...I was hopeful about this one! I had trouble applying the liner to my lash line, and found it to be very smudgy and messy. During the day, I look for liners that have longevity, not so much a "smoky eye look." So, this liner did not pass the day test BUT it wasn't a total waste. I use Ink for Eyes on the outside corners of my eyes when trying to achive a smoky eye look for night time.

Ladies, what do you think? Any comments or reccommendations as to "day time" eye liners that are long-lasting? Share them with us! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment