Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Prime Me Pretty

My two newest purchases: MAC Fix + and Benefit "Dr. Feelgood" Balm




MAC Fix +

I can't believe it's taken me this long to purchase Fix +! I'll be perfectly honest - I had no idea what the hell Fix + was. Being an avid MAC customer, I always saw it in the store but passed it on by. After reading an excellent review on one of the many beauty blogs I read, I had to try it out for myself. Turns out, it's an amazing product!

I've used it a couple different ways to experiment so far. I've used it to set my makeup - after I apply my base & blush, I spray Fix + on my face (two pumps is enough) and my makeup seems to stay in place longer. I also love using it after I take my makeup off at night and wash my face. I'll spray it on and it just feels so refreshing and clean. I've heard people using it as a primer before applying base, but I usually don't use a liquid primer. All in all, this is definitely going to be packed in my beach bag for the summer.


Benefit Dr. Feelgood Balm

Hmmm OK soooooo..................yeah. When I purchased this, I was under the impression that it was a LIP balm. I saw the large tin and thought, "Hey, I could use a nice, big container of lip balm." Uhh yeah, definitely NOT lip balm.

When I read the back of the tin, it explains that this product is used for "smoothing away fine lines" and has a mattefying effect. Totally not my thing! I tried using it on my lips anyway, and it didn't work out too well - it drys to a powdery finish - yuck! I'm not big into powders in general - I think it dulls your complexion and makes you look older. I'm more in favor of a dewy, glowing look (with lots of illuminators and bronzers!) I'm in my 20's, so I don't really have a use for a "fine line" correcter. Guess I should have read into it more.

Does anyone have any good uses for either of these products? I love hearing your suggestions!


No comments:

Post a Comment