Friday, June 25, 2010

Sunscreen Sexy & Lip Balm Moisturizer

Hi chicks! Had a bit of writer's block the last few days - now i'm back!! I purchased to different facial sunscreens + a new lip balm. Let me know what you think! xoxo

Two New Facial Sunscreens

Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion (Face - SPF 30)
I purchased this one on a whim (I know, sooo unlike me, right?) I have the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion, which is always rated the #1 lotion in Allure, so I trusted their sunscreen on my face =)

I also looked for something that was oil-free, which it is. It's also water-resistant, and promises longer-lasting sun protection. I'm Italian and already have olive skin, but decided that I need to start protecting my face to prevent looking like an old, wrinkled boot in a few years. Being a beach bum, I'm down the shore at the beach almost every weekend in the summer - it definitely takes its toll!

OK, enough of that. I do like this sunscreen! It dries fairly quickly, and my foundation goes smoothly on top of it. The scent is pleasant, but not in an over-powering way. It hasn't made me break out (thank GOD) so i've continued using it =) All in all, worth the money in my opinion ($9.99)


Neutrogena Ulta Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock (SPF 45)
I've seen this on many of your beauty blogs, and just had to grab one for myself! Of the two sunscreens, I've been favoring this one! I actually grabbed the SPF 45 by mistake - I was going to buy the SPF 30, but oh well =)

This product promises Ultra Light & Clean Feel - and it provides just that. It goes on smooth and has a nice dry down. Like the Aveeno, my makeup goes on perfectly on top of it and doesn't feel greasy. It is also oil-free (a MUST) and waterproof. Since it is Neutrogena and they are known for their skincare products, I actually see my skin improving! It's very clear and soft and i'm loving every minute of it!

I think I will continue to alternate the two sunscreens just to give them both a fair chance. Do you guys have any other sunscreens that you love? Now, on to my new obsession!

Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm and Moisturizer


Simply put, obsessed. I use this lip balm every single day! It is perfect - silky, soft, smooth! I use it before work, during work, after lunch, while on the phone, before bed (get the idea?)

It leaves my lips insanely soft - I barely have any flakes or anything! I also love putting it on, letting it set in for a few minutes, blotting it, then applying a bold lip liner and lipstick. It lays a great foundation to put any type of lip color on top, and it lasts longer. Since it contains moisturizer, it protects lips from the suns harmful rays. I bought it at Sephora, and will definitely be returning for more!

Do you have a favorite lip balm?

No comments:

Post a Comment