Sunday, August 8, 2010

Commuting Makeup


OK, so this pisses me off. I'm on the bus and/or subway into Manhattan - probably blasting my ipod and guzzling coffee - and see this.

Now, my question is WHY. Why can you not wake up FIVE minutes prior to your departure to apply your makeup? Or get to your destination, whether it be work or school, and apply it in the bathroom? I've seen women do an entire face of makeup while commuting - which included base, blush, powder, mascara, eye liner, lipstick and so forth.

For me, it takes away the "mystery" behind the beauty. Some may disagree, but i'm the type of chick that doesn't like people watching me apply my makeup. They should just think..."wow, she looks great!" instead of "oh, that foundation looks great."

Some makeup application is more offensive to me than others. For example, anything dealing with base/concealer/blush etc is totally ridiculous to be applying on the subway. If you're swiping on a little lipgloss, not so bad. I secretly hope people who apply mascara while commuting will poke themselves in the eye with the mascara wand and never do it again (a little harsh..perhaps).

What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment